Okay, we get it: no chocolate. But there are actually many foods that are toxic to dogs that aren’t spoken about frequently! Here’s some that you may be shocked to learn about!
- Grapes! I was shocked to hear this one! All varieties, such as the juice, dried versions, or even currents can have moderate to severe affects! This can cause kidney failure in dogs.
- Mothballs! They contain naphthalene. This substance is toxic to both dogs and cats. Increased urination, seizures, diarrhea, and vomiting may occur after consumption. This can be potentially life-threatening.
- Garlic and onions! Though the rating of the side-effects is mild to moderate based off of quantity, it can cause gastrointestinal upset.
- Macadamia nuts! (Queensland nuts) This causes vomiting, lethargy, and can cause issues in a dog’s mobility! Considered mild to moderate.
- Medications! Whether it is non-prescription or prescription, they can have terrible effects! Antidepressants and ADHD medications can have varied effects. ibuprofen, however, can lead to severe ulcers and anemia. Liver and kidney failure in pets is also common under digestion.
You can read the complete list here. The whole reason why I wrote this article is the hope that one day, this may save a pet’s life. Please retweet, share, or invite your friends to read this! It is not about the statistics: we are talking about lives. Please inform yourselfs and others!
Thanks for reading. I really appreciate it! Till’ next time!